3-Ingredient Blackened Salmon RecipeLisa Grant | Jersey Girl Cooks
Put a healthy fish dinner on your table in 15 minutes! 3-Ingredient Blackened Salmon has so much flavor with so little work involved!
Salmon is my favorite fish when it comes to cooking up something easy and quick. It’s not only delicious but really good for you!
I make it many different ways but this way is my favorite when I want to please everyone at the table.
I love that this recipe requires only 3-Ingredients. I like to use a Cajun or barbecue seasoning on my blackened salmon.
There are many great brands in the grocery store or you could make your own homemade Cajun Blackened Season if you’d like too.
If you go with a store bought one, just make sure it has a low sugar content because a high sugar content could cause the fish to burn.
What pan should you use to make 3-Ingredient Blackened Salmon?
My favorite pan for this recipe is a cast iron pan. I cook anything from homemade tortillas to chicken thighs and Pan Seared Scallops.
It’s a great tool to use to get really crispy salmon skin. If you don’t own a cast iron pan, it is okay to use another type of skillet also.
Before I owned my cast iron skillet, I would use a non-stick or stainless steel pan.
What side dishes go well with this salmon?
Salmon is such a versatile dish as there are so many sides or salad that can go with it.
You could serve it with Lemon Roasted Asparagus if you want to make dinner extra healthy, or you could be decadent and serve it with a Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole.
3-Ingredient Blackened Salmon matches up with almost any time of salad, pasta or vegetable. So use your imagination for the side dishes as the main course is very basic.
I typically cook my salmon in one piece and cut it later but you could buy individual filets of salmon and cook it that way too. It will be less cooking time if it’s in smaller pieces. Either way, it’s very delicious!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
3-Ingredient Blackened Salmon Recipe
- 16 ounces Salmon Fillet, with skin on, or 4 smaller Fillets
- 1-2 tablespoons Cajun Blackened Seasoning, or Barbecue Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel and sprinkle the seasoning on both sides of the salmon.
- Add the oil to a pan on medium heat and let it heat up for a few minutes or until the oil is shimmering.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the salmon, skin side down. Be careful for splattering oil. Cook the salmon for about 6 to 8 minutes or until it is almost cooked through. The inside will register 120°F on an instant read thermometer and the salmon will be translucent.
- Carefully turn the salmon with a spatula and cook for another minute.
- Let the salmon rest for a minute or two before serving.
- Lisa Grant
- Cooking Method:
- Easy Dinners, Seafood, Salmon, Sauteed, Spicy, Dinners, Family Meals and Snacks
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, Seafood Recipes, Salmon Recipes, Sauteed Recipes, Spicy Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Lisa Grant
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 17 minutes
Amount Per Serving