Vegan Pancakes RecipeAshton Swank | Something Swanky
Vegan pancakes are so good, you'll never miss the eggs and dairy. We promise!
I'm not vegan. I'm not even a vegetarian. And I still say these Vegan Pancakes are some of the best pancakes I've ever eaten!
Two simple substitutions made my favorite pancake recipe vegan, and they made it so much healthier! I replaced the milk with Almond Milk, easy enough. And I replaced the eggs with ground flax seeds and water-- something I've been wanting to try for a while.
Flax is so good for you, and I try to incorporate it anywhere that I can (breads, smoothies, even cookies). It worked perfectly in this recipe. The texture was still light and fluffy, just like normal. And they tasted delicious!
You can whip these up in less than 10 minutes on a busy morning and feel great about what you are serving your family. Fluffy Pancakes mark a good start to any day. But fluffy pancakes that help fight heart disease, cancer, and diabetes (all shown health benefits of flax seed)?
That's a great start to the day!
Looking for more great pancakes? Don't miss Megan's Banana Bread Pancakes Recipe either!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Vegan Pancakes Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Ground Flax Seed
- 3 tablespoons Boiling Water
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour, or whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Soak the ground flax seed in the water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the almond milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and flax seed/water solution. Whisk together until smooth.
- Heat a griddle to medium high heat. Spray lightly with non stick cooking spray.
- Spoon 1/4 cup batter onto griddle for each pancake. Cook pancakes on first side until edges appear dry, flip and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side. Serve immediately.
- Ashton Swank
- Cooking Method:
- Vegan, Breakfasts, Easy, Quick, Griddle
- Related Recipes:
- Vegan Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Easy Recipes, Quick Recipes, Griddle Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 9 4" pancakes
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Ashton Swank
Recipe Yields: 9 4" pancakes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Amount Per Serving