Symphony Brownies RecipeKristan Roland | Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
Symphony Brownies are a delight of chocolatey wonderfulness. Filled with chopped up Symphony bars!
Brownies are basically the world’s most perfect snack. You’ve got chocolate, you’ve got a hand-held bar, you’ve got a gooey, fudgy middle. I mean really, what else do you need from life?
People these days are just too high maintenance, that’s the problem. Everyone is all, "Did you SEE so-and-so’s FACEBOOK STATUS? Do you think they were talking about ME??" or "The cutest shoes were on clearance and they were all out of my size!!" or "My hair keeps sticking to my lip gloss!!"
And by everyone, I mean me. I say all of those things.
So what I do when life hands me passive aggressive and ambiguous Facebook statuses that I suspect MIGHT be about me but also might have absolutely NOTHING to do with me is, I make brownies. And then I eat them while I obsess over what I might have done to this person, even though I haven’t actually even seen them in 5 years.
If the situation is particularly dire, I stuff them with candy bars. It’s just the right thing to do, really. What good are feelings if you can’t eat them in the form of butter and chocolate?
These brownies have been a favorite of mine for infinity. Symphony Bars are creamy and packed full of almond and toffee, which I love, so these really are Next Level Brownies. The chocolate melts into the middle of the brownies, making them even fudgier, which -- hello, never a bad thing. This is such an easy and simple way of making a gorgeous dessert that isn’t too fussy.
If you’re not an almond lover, there is an almond-free Symphony bar available, so feel free to sub that instead. But whatever you do, just make them as soon as possible. Your life should not be missing Symphony brownies for another minute!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Symphony Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup Salted Butter, Melted
- 1 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 12-13 ounces Hot Fudge Sauce
- 2 Symphony Milk Chocolate and Almond Bars, Broken into squares, 4.25 ounces each
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray ( I prefer to line mine with foil prior to spraying -- it makes the brownies easier to remove) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cocoa and melted butter until smooth. Stir in sugar until combined.
- Stir in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Stir in vanilla.
- Fold in flour JUST until you no longer see flour streaks in the batter.
- Gently fold in hot fudge sauce (you may need to heat it just enough to spoon/pour out of jar).
- Spread HALF of batter in prepared pan. Cover the surface of the batter with Symphony chocolate squares evenly.
- Top with remaining brownie batter, spreading carefully and evenly to edges.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out with moist crumbs but no raw batter.
- Let brownies cool completely before peeling off the foil and cutting into squares.
- Kristan Roland
- Cooking Method:
- Brownies, Bar Desserts, Chocolate, Candy, Desserts, Party Food, Baking, Baked
- Related Recipes:
- Brownie Recipes, Bar Dessert Recipes, Chocolate Recipes, Candy Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 20 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristan Roland
Recipe Yields: 20 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Amount Per Serving