Summer Maple Lime Watermelon Zoodle Bowl RecipeTaylor Kiser | Food. Faith. Fitness.
This Summer Maple Lime Watermelon Zoodle Bowl is a surprising mix of flavors and textures that will have you saying, “Oh, wow!” You’ve got to try it!
OHHH these sunny-summer POWER BOWLS.
Cannot get enough. Pressing the “lunch” life button over here on rep-EAT ßSide note, I don’t actually have a button like that, but wouldn’t that be AMAZE?!
Anyway. These bowls are the kind of meal that reminds you that throwing random stuff from your fridge into a bowl can actually be as delicious as prepping an elaborate meal from scratch.
You might be one of those good-at-using-random-fridge-food-to-make-meals people and, if so, TEACH ME THE WAYS.
Me? I am ZERO percent that awesome at life. I always feel like I need to create something NEW from the GROUND à UP. Which means my refrigerator is like the junk drawer of food. SO MUCH RANDOM STUFF THAT YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS.
Don’t lie. You have a junk drawer, that has been on your “to do” list to clean out for eleventy billion years, but then you don’t do it because then it would no longer be called a junk drawer and that feels WAY TOO PRODUCTIVE for your life.
You know what I mean.
Anyway. These watermelon bowls happened by accident! By chance! Wasn’t meant to ever be a recipe. It was one of those “I just need to eat something, and this is food” kinda meals.
AND IT ROCKED MY WORLD.
So, I’m sharing it with you
Because you stuck with me all these years, choosing to eat crazy food like green cashew curry chicken bowls with watermelon in a world where you could chose something normal like a watermelon strawberry all-fruit smoothie or a watermelon paloma, I know it’s gonna make your taste buds SLAP YOUR BRAIN wanting another bite.
I don’t really know what that means but someone said it on The Food Network last night, so it must be good.
This mish-mash of tender-crispy zucchini noodles, chewy edamame bean, smoky-grilled corn, sweet and JUICY watermelon with this BURST of creamy, salt feta cheese and FRESH basil and mint is basically a big bowl of what you would imagine Summer would taste like.
Did I tell you about last Christmas at Mr. FFF’s side of the family, when I walked into his Grandparents house (which was in a snow-covered forest in Wisconsin) and there was just a BIG OL’ WATERMELON chillin’ on the counter.
Not what I think about when juicy-slurpy-pink fruit is on my mind. But this bowl? MHMMMM.
It’s also L-O-A-D-E-D with plant-based protein (Helllooo edamame deliciousness!) and a mega dose of from-the-ground nutrition that is gonna fill up your hungry belly while feeling, liiike, SO NOURISHING all at the same time.
In other news: 2 ingredient maple lime dressing that is giving me alllll the heart eyes over here.
This punchy little combo of flavors is perfectly tangy to balance out the sweetness of the maple syrup and watermelon, so that you’ve got this savory-sweet little magic doing a number all over your taste buds.
In other news, I’ve also nixed the watermelon in this Summer Maple Lime Watermelon Zoodle Bowl and used blueberries instead. It was equally delicious and totally works if you don’t feel like committing to a watermelon.
Whatever way you eat it, this POWERED UP bowl of goodies is gonna make you feel like the Summer Goddess that I know you are.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Summer Maple Lime Watermelon Zoodle Bowl Recipe
- 1 ear Corn, large, shucked
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 large Zucchini Squash, spiralized with blade D
- 1 cup Cooked Edamame, shelled
- 1 cup Watermelon, cubed
- 2 ounces Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Basil, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Mint, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 5 teaspoons Fresh Lime Juice
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Preheat your grill to high heat. Rub the corn with the olive oil and place on the grill. Grill until nice and charred, about 12-20 minutes, turning every 6-7 minutes. Let cool until you’re able to handle it.
- Divide the spiralized zucchini, edamame, watermelon, feta, basil and mint between 2 bowls. Use a sharp knife and cut the kernels off the corn and divide them between the bowls.
- Mix the maple syrup, lime juice and a pinch of salt and divide between the bowls.
- Toss everything together and season to taste with salt.
- I have also done this with pre-frozen corn kernels on a grill pan. Thaw 2/3 cup of kernels and then cook them on the grill pan on high heat for 2-3 minutes until charred.
- Taylor Kiser
- Cooking Method:
- Healthy Eating
- Healthy Eating, Healthy, Watermelon, Zucchini, Maple, Limes, Corn, Summer, Grilled
- Related Recipes:
- Healthy Eating Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Watermelon Recipes, Zucchini Recipes, Maple Recipes, Lime Recipes, Corn Recipes, Summer Recipes, Grilled Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 2 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Taylor Kiser
Recipe Yields: 2 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving