Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice RecipeErin S. | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice: a healthy version of a Chinese take-out favorite! Ready in minutes and you don’t have to feel any guilt about fried rice again!
Asian food just might be my all time favorite food. If noodle bowls could be a food group I would be happy. Garlic Beef Noodle Bowls are always on constant rotation at my house.
Whenever we order take out I have to have fried rice. There is just something about it that makes me happy. But even homemade take out can still be full of carbs and not always super healthy. So sometimes you have to mix it up and make it better for you. Like my homemade General Tso’s Chicken. Not deep fried, but still the same great flavor from the sauce.
I have seen cauliflower rice around all over the place, but was honestly very skeptical. I tried to make cauliflower pizza crust one time and my family revolted. So I was pretty sure if I tried cauliflower rice they would kick me out. But if I made shrimp fried cauliflower rice that has tons of the Asian flavor they love, just maybe they wouldn’t notice.
I decided to test out this shrimp fried cauliflower rice with a friend before trying it out on my family. We loved it, you knew it wasn’t normal white rice, but couldn’t tell it was cauliflower at all. So that meant my family was up next.
My guys pretty much had the same reaction. They thought it was good, but knew something was up. Normally they can smell cauliflower cooking a mile away and have their guard up from the start. But this didn’t smell like normal cauliflower, so we were good there.
I did cook it for longer than the original recipe called for. I wanted it to have the soft texture that fried rice normally has. And you know what? It worked! My family ate the entire recipe and had no idea! With my picky family I am going to call that a major win!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 12 ounces Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 large Eggs, beaten
- 1 pound bag Cauliflower Rice, fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Sliced Green Onions
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil, swirling to coat the pan. Add shrimp and cook for 3-5 minutes until pink and cooked through. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Return the pan to heat and add eggs. Stir to scramble until eggs are cooked. Remove from pan.
- Return the pan to the heat, add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to the pan. Add cauliflower rice to the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and tender. Mix in soy sauce, sesame oil and black pepper stirring to coat. Add shrimp and eggs to the pan, cooking until everything is hot.
- Serve immediately topped with green onions.
- Erin S.
- Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
- Easy Dinners, Dinners, Cauliflower, Shrimp, Seafood, Family Meals and Snacks, Asian
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Cauliflower Recipes, Shrimp Recipes, Seafood Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Asian Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Erin S.
Source: Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Amount Per Serving