Quinoa Greek Salad with Feta and Tomatoes RecipeKristan Roland | Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
Quinoa Greek Salad is a flavorful and filling side dish that you can feel good about! Add chicken and you’ve got the perfect lunch or dinner.
Friends, I am coming to you with my hat in my hands, admitting that I was wrong.
I was dead wrong about quinoa.
For quite some time, I ridiculed the ancient grain. In my defense, I thought that it’s moment in the sun would be fleeting.
I mean…there was so much hype. Quinoa, avocado toast, kombucha…add a fried egg and a beanie and you’ve got the hipster starter pack, am I right?
(No offense against hipsters, trust me – I have learned the error of my judgy ways. What goes around always comes back around and all that.)
After years of eye rolling and immature jokes, I finally decided to give quinoa a whirl. I try to eat clean carbs with most meals, and rice and potatoes were getting old.
Quinoa was surprisingly easy to make and SO full of flavor and texture. It’s definitely a great change of pace if you’re riced-out.
Not only that, but it’s a carb you can feel good about! Clean eating approved, and super easy for your body to digest.
I guess there’s something to this ancient grain thing after all.
Greek salads are one of my all-time favorite things on the planet, so I decided to whip up a Greek-inspired quinoa salad.
Of course, this dish can be served warm, but I prefer to whip up a batch and keep it chilled in the refrigerator for an easy lunch.
Add some diced grilled chicken, and you’ve got a meal that will provide enough protein and carbs to fuel the rest of your day.
I prefer to toss the tomatoes in the quinoa while the quinoa is still warm to release some of the juices – it just makes for a better flavor in my opinion.
Add the feta cheese after chilling to prevent melting.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Quinoa Greek Salad with Feta and Tomatoes Recipe
- 1 cup Tri-Color Quinoa
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Light Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives
- 1 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Rinse 1 cup quinoa in a fine mesh strainer. Place in a medium saucepan and set aside.
- Bring 2 cups chicken broth to a boil. Add to quinoa in saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium low heat.
- Cover and cook until water is absorbed, grain is translucent, and germ has spiraled out from each grain (about 15 minutes).
- Remove from heat and pour into a mediums size bowl. Immediately toss with dressing and tomatoes, let cool.
- Add olives and feta and chill until ready to serve.
- Will keep covered in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days.
- Kristan Roland
- Healthy Eating
- Healthy Eating, Quinoa Salads, Salads, Tomatoes, Olives, Feta Cheese, Quinoa, Easy Lunches, Easy, Side Dishes
- Related Recipes:
- Healthy Eating Recipes, Quinoa Salad Recipes, Salad Recipes, Tomato Recipes, Olife Recipes, Feta Cheese Recipes, Quinoa Recipes, Easy Lunch Recipes, Easy Recipes, Side Dish Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristan Roland
Recipe Yields: 4-6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving