Homemade Starbucks Lemon Blueberry Scones RecipeMeaghan Mountford | The Decorated Cookie
All you need to make homemade Starbucks lemon blueberry scones is four ingredients and 30 minutes! What could be easier?
My love of coffee has been well established, as have my Starbucks runs for said liquid gold. And while I’m fulling up on my caffeine, I can’t leave without a treat. Lately, I’m all about the bagel bites. But scones are one of my biggest weaknesses.
A rich, flavorful scone goes perfectly with a cup of hot coffee. I tend to go for the Starbucks blueberry and lemon scones myself, because I so rarely make scones at home.
Well, that’s about to change. Turns out, you can make your own blueberry and lemon scones with just FOUR ingredients in less than half an hour.
I’ve used this shortcut before to make 2-ingredient biscuits. To make biscuits, combine self-rising flour and heavy whipping cream. To turn them into scones with blueberry and lemon flavors, I added… blueberries (of course) and lemonade.
Yes. A cup of lemonade. That’s it. I can’t believe how beautifully these turned out. They were so easy, it just doesn’t seem quite right to get such flavor with so little work.
One tip to be sure your scones are light and a bit airy rather than dense: Do not overstir the batter. Mix up your ingredients just until blended and try to minimize the handling.
Because the batter is a bit soft, rather than add additional flour to make the batter less sticky to pat out and cut out shapes, I dropped the batter on the baking sheet by spoonfuls so my hands touched the scones as little as possible (until they were done, then I was all over them).
As you may know if you share my addiction, the Starbucks version of the scones is topped in sugar. I omitted this not only to cut out the unnecessary sugar, but because I really wanted to be able to call these “four ingredient scones.”
If you like, after the scones are baked, brush the tops lightly with melted butter and sprinkle on some sugar. Or, simply eat them as is, no butter needed, with a cup of hot coffee or tea.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Homemade Starbucks Lemon Blueberry Scones Recipe
- 3-3 1/2 cups Self Rising Flour
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream, not whipped
- 1 cup Lemonade, cold
- 1 cup Blueberries
- Melted Butter, optional
- Granulated Sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently stir together 3 cups of the flour, the whipping cream, lemonade, and blueberries until just combined. If the mixture is very soft, add additional flour.
- Drop by large spoonfuls on the baking tray. Lightly pat the scones into flattened circles about 1 1/2 -inches high and 3-inches in diameter. (You should have 16 scones total).
- Bake until the tops are golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
- If desired, brush the tops lightly with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Meaghan Mountford
- Homemade, Copycat, Starbucks, Lemons, Blueberries, Breakfasts, Brunches, Scones
- Related Recipes:
- Homemade Recipes, Copycat Recipes, Starbuck Recipes, Lemon Recipes, Blueberry Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Scone Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 16 scones
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Meaghan Mountford
Recipe Yields: 16 scones
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Amount Per Serving