Healthy Pumpkin Bread RecipeLisa Grant | Jersey Girl Cooks
Healthy Pumpkin Bread makes two loaves. Enjoy one now, freeze one for later.
I have always loved everything about fall. There is cool weather, sweaters, football and hay rides. The leaves are turning colors and the season just makes me feel warm and cozy. It's a great time of year to bake and I love that there is so many pumpkin recipes to go around.
While there is nothing better than a moist piece of pumpkin bread with a cup of coffee or tea, I am not fond of the empty sugar and fat calories that go with it. So I came up with this healthy pumpkin bread recipe that includes whole wheat flour, bananas and honey.
It's not a really sweet bread, but the perfect thing to eat for breakfast. It's great topped with just a small amount of apple butter, cream cheese or butter. The kids love to grab a slice in the morning while they walk out the door to school.
This recipe makes two loaves, so you can have one for now and one to keep in the freezer. I like to eat a slice warm, so I just heat it up in the microwave for a few seconds. If you want to make this a sweeter bread, you can always add chocolate chips or dried fruit to the batter at the end. Since my family eats this for breakfast, I like the fact that there is no added sugar and the bread is not too sweet. Since it is not too sweet, it is also perfect to serve with a bowl of chili.
If you like pumpkin as much as I do, check out all our other pumpkin recipes. From pumpkin white chocolate chip cookies to an easy pumpkin pasta, and even pumpkin beer chicken tacos made with pumpkin ale, you will find recipes that your whole family will love.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Healthy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 3 cups White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 medium Ripe Bananas, Peeled and mashed
- 1 15 ounce can Pumpkin
- 2 large Eggs, Beaten
- 1 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 2 loaf pans (8 by 5 inches).
- In a medium size bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a large bowl, beat together bananas, pumpkin, eggs, honey and canola oil.
- Mix in flour mixture until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly. Bake for about 55 to 65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let loaves cool in pan for about 10 minutes then remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Lisa Grant
- Cooking Method:
- Whole Grain
- Quick Bread, Baking, Baked, Whole Grain, Pumpkin, Bananas, Fall, Healthy, Healthy Eating, Snacks, Family Meals and Snacks
- Related Recipes:
- Quick Bread Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Whole Grain Recipes, Pumpkin Recipes, Banana Recipes, Fall Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Healthy Eating Recipes, Snack Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 2 loaves
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Lisa Grant
Recipe Yields: 2 loaves
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 65 minutes
Total Time: 75 minutes
Amount Per Serving