Guacamole Wontons RecipeMeghan Yager | Cake 'n Knife
Guacamole Wontons are the handheld version of my favorite food, that’s also been fried. The golden brown, crunchy exterior wraps the guacamole in a warm hug. Be sure to make them for the big game!
I’m back at it with the guacamole again, I know.
Honestly, can you blame me? Guacamole will always put a smile on my face and that is something I sorely need.
I don’t know about you, but the start of a new year brings a lot of emotions up to the surface.
There is a little sadness of the last year coming to a close. There’s some excitement for the new year and the possibilities it holds.
Then there’s the inevitable stress that tends to loom over my like a tiny cloud.
It’s not like just a new week is starting. A whole new YEAR is starting and that has always felt monumentous to me.
I find myself reevaluating my daily habits and trying to pay attention to the little things I want to change.
It really stresses me out and I know it shouldn’t. But it SO DOES.
So I turn to my favorite foods once again, including guacamole. Thankfully it’s perfect timing because the big game is slowly creeping this way.
These are the perfect little packets of love to pop in your mouth.
The flavorful guacamole inside is my favorite one to make for any party, but instead of being served in a bowl with chips, I thought it would be fun to fry ‘em up.
The result is a delightfully crunchy exterior and a creamy interior with a flavor explosion. They are honestly way too addictive, and I will freely admit that I ate every single one of them.
I didn’t even share with the Man.
I know, I AM A MONSTER.
Now I am just hoping to see some black and gold on February 3rd (don’t hate Broncos fans, I’ve been converted. Sorry. I had no choice). Who are you rooting for this year?
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Guacamole Wontons Recipe
- 2 Avocados, halved and pitted (medium-sized)
- 2 teaspoons Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Red Onion, minced
- 1/2 Jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 12 Wonton Wrappers
- Canola Oil, for frying
- Add avocado flesh to a medium bowl. Mash with a fork.
- Stir in lime juice, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, red onion, jalapeño and salt.
- Place wonton wrappers on a clean flat work surface. Add 1 tsp of guacamole in the center of each wrapper.
- Fill a small bowl with cold water. Dip your finger in the water and wet the edges of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper in half, forming a triangle. Press to seal the edges well.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a skillet. Once it reaches 350 degrees F, fry wontons in batches until golden brown. This will take about 1 minute, 30 seconds on each side.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with salt.
- Serve warm with salsa for dipping.
- Meghan Yager
- Cooking Method:
- Deep Fried
- Party Food
- Avocados, Guacamole, Appetizers, Party Food, Game Day Grub, Deep Fried, Easy
- Related Recipes:
- Avocado Recipes, Guacamole Recipes, Appetizer Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Game Day Grub Recipes, Deep Fried Recipes, Easy Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 12 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Meghan Yager
Recipe Yields: 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Amount Per Serving