Grilled Caprese Avocado Chicken RecipeMeghan Yager | Cake 'n Knife
Grilled Caprese Avocado Chicken is a healthy and fresh summer take on the classic flavor combination. Drizzled with a balsamic reduction, this is an easy recipe that is ideal for your weeknight dinner routine, or even your next summer patio party!
I used to eat a caprese salad almost every day when I lived in Rome for study abroad.
The ingredients were so darn cheap at the local market, and the moment I learned which aged balsamic vinegar to buy…
Let’s just say I was sold.
The flavors of a caprese salad are super simple, in case you aren’t already familiar with them.
There’s tomato, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil leaves, all layered and drizzled with your favorite balsamic vinegar.
Pro Tip: pick an aged balsamic vinegar for this recipe to really make those tangy and sweet flavors sing in the balsamic reduction!
However, these flavors don’t just have to sit together in a caprese salad. Instead, you can glam them up in a caprese panzanella salad or chicken caprese galette.
However, my current favorite way to enjoy these flavors is with the grilled caprese avocado chicken!
This chicken is so darn juicy, you are going to want to make it all summer long.
The chicken breasts soak up this incredible marinade that’s full of garlic, fresh herbs, and balsamic vinegar.
Then they hit the grill, so you get the char on the outside, but the chicken stays nice and tender on the inside.
After you grill the chicken, you top it off with grilled slices of tomato and grilled avocado slices.
Finished with gooey mozzarella cheese and an easy balsamic reduction, this dinner is eve-ry-THANG.
You can serve this chicken with a side of roasted potatoes, on top of your favorites noodles, or even with rice.
If you want to make it even healthier, you can even slice it up and put it on top of your favorite salad.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Grilled Caprese Avocado Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- teaspoon Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Fresh Tomato, sliced
- 1 Avocado, pitted and halved
- 4 slices Fresh Mozzarella, (thick)
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Fresh Chopped Basil
- In a small saucepan, add balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and black pepper for the reduction. Heat over high heat, cooking until thickened, stirring occasionally. Keep over low heat until ready to serve.
- In a large shallow bowl, stir together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Add in the chicken and allow to marinate for half an hour in the refrigerator. You can also marinate overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat grill. Once grill is hot, add chicken and grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, grill tomato slices and avocado halves for about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove avocado from peel and slice.
- Remove chicken from heat and add to a baking sheet. Top each breast with one to two slices of grilled tomato. Top with one to two slices of grilled avocado. Top each with one slice of mozzarella.
- Allow the heat to melt the cheese. If you need to, add baking sheet to the oven and broil on Low until cheese is melted.
- Top with shredded basil and balsamic reduction. Serve immediately.
- Meghan Yager
- Cooking Method:
- Avocados, Tomatoes, Mozzarella, Chicken, Grilled, Easy Dinners, Easy, Dinners
- Related Recipes:
- Avocado Recipes, Tomato Recipes, Mozzarella Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Grilled Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Easy Recipes, Dinner Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Meghan Yager
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Amount Per Serving