Crock Pot Ham RecipeKatie Jasiewicz | Katie's Cucina
Crock pot ham with maple glaze is a fantastic way to celebrate Easter. Even the bunny will want some!
Growing up, I remember my mom baking a ham in the oven for hours. Our kitchen was stifling hot, all for the precious holiday ham. Gone are the days of taking up excess oven room, heating up the kitchen, and sitting around watching the ham cook in the oven! It’s time that we get real about holiday entertaining. I’ve been making a ham in the slow cooker for the past few years now, and let me just tell you that it’s life changing.
If you’ve never “baked” a ham in the slow cooker you have to try it soon. Even if you aren’t celebrating a holiday and just want a nice Sunday dinner (or maybe a mid-week dinner), use that slow cooker and bake a ham in it.
The best part is that the ham is pre-cooked. So really all you’re doing is marrying the flavors that you pour on top of the ham for hours on end. Giving you a juicy and flavorful ham like no other. And with just 5 ingredients, how can you go wrong?
Minus the ham, I always have the sugar and spices on hand. Once you try this way of making crock pot ham, I promise you will never order another ham from a big-chain store again. You’ll find that the slow cooker maple glazed ham is just as good, if not better.
I love making a ham during the holidays because everyone is anticipating a store-bought ham and when they walk into my home and see that I have a ham in the slow cooker they think I’m nuts. Their skeptical selves take that first bite and are amazed at how good the ham tastes.
Serve this recipe for slow cooker maple glazed ham with a side of sour cream and chive mashed potatoes. The sweet and savory flavors compliment each other well. And if you're looking for something a little different, I've also made slow cooker ham with apple sauce.
Whatever you do, don't forget the sides! Roasted broccoli and homemade biscuits are a must. Make sure there are extra biscuits for the leftover-filled sandwiches!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Crock Pot Ham Recipe
- Cooking Spray
- 6 1/2 pounds Ham, semi-boneless and smoked
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- pinch of Ground Cloves
- 8 ounces Pure Maple Syrup
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray. Place the semi-boneless smoked half ham flat side down in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and ground clove. Pat the mixture on top of the ham until you’ve used it all. Then pour 8 ounces of maple syrup on top. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Carefully remove the ham from the slow cooker, slice, and serve. Pour sauce from slow cooker in a bowl to be ladled on top of ham if desired.
- Have leftovers? Freeze in freezer bags for up to 3 months. When you're ready to have the ham, just thaw it and enjoy!
- Katie Jasiewicz
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Posts:
Author: Katie Jasiewicz
Recipe Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 240 minutes
Total Time: 245 minutes
Amount Per Serving