Creamy Cajun Pasta RecipeTanya Schroeder | Lemons for Lulu
This creamy cajun pasta is made in one pot. It is simple, creamy, and full of spice! Serve this anytime you need to add a little flavor to your dinner table.
We don't have a lot of repeat meals in the Lulu household. When you are a food blogger, dinnertime is where you experiment with new recipes or perfect the old recipes.
There is one dish, however, that makes a regular appearance in our kitchen, and that is this easy Jambalaya recipe with pasta. It was one of the first recipes I ever posted on my blog.
The pictures are not that good, but despite the appearance, it is a delicious dish and so simple.
In fact, this dish was the first meal my oldest learned to cook and now my youngest is following suit.
It is a family favorite. The only thing that would make this dish better is if it were cooked in one pot.
This new Cajun pasta pays tribute to my favorite recipe. This new pasta recipe is different in terms of ingredients. but the spice and flavor are the same.
This recipe has many ingredients that you may already keep stocked in your pantry. Chicken broth, pasta, tomato paste, garlic and heavy cream are common enough ingredients that you may have them right now.
And that means you could have this pasta TONIGHT!
With warmer weather here and busy nights doing summery things, we don't have as much time to cook. Keep the ingredients to this Cajun pasta handy and dinner will be on its way!
To speed things up, you could use frozen chicken pieces and add them to the pasta while it simmers.
I'll have to teach my daughters to cook this dish as well. Before long, I'll be able to lounge around in the evenings and let them serve up dinner. Of course, I'll have to convince them to do the dishes too, which might be a tough sell.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Creamy Cajun Pasta Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken, cubed
- 3 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- 1 32 ounce carton Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Water
- 1 pound Cavatappi Pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large deep skillet placed over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add chicken and season with Cajun seasoning.
- Cook chicken for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add chicken broth and water to the same skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and salt to boiling water and cook until pasta is al dente.
- Reduce, cover and simmer until liquid reduces and thickens.
- Remove lid and stir in tomato paste until incorporated.
- Add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese; stir.
- Tanya Schroeder
- Easy Dinners, Dinners, Pasta, One Pot Meals, Chicken, Spicy, Cheese
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Pasta Recipes, One Pot Meal Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Spicy Recipes, Cheese Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Tanya Schroeder
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Amount Per Serving