Cherry Bourbon Vanilla Milkshakes RecipeSusan Palmer | Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Cherry Bourbon Vanilla Milkshakes combine three greats: cherries, vanilla, and bourbon. What could be better?
Time to confess something. I have a cherry problem - not a bad problem to have mind you, cherries are delicious and good for you - but it’s an expensive problem to have.
I can’t help it though, these sweet orbs call out to me every summer and I must have them!
They are perfect for snacking, incorporating into sweet treats and as a compliment to bourbon. Which is why this cherry bourbon vanilla milkshake was a no-brainer.
Basically all my favorite things wrapped into one.
My little obsession with cherries came to fruition last summer when I found myself in Washington State during prime cherry season. My in-laws live in the Snoqualmie Valley, but our visits were always timed during the winter, which meant no farmer’s market visits or roadside cherry stand pit stops.
Last year we broke the mold and visited during July and I met my happy place. Cherries everywhere, buckets and buckets of Bings and Rainiers at my fingertips for unheard-of prices.
My mother-in-law knew I was on a cherry quest too and picked us up at the airport with a bag ready to be devoured.
It might be possible that I ate my weight in cherries last summer. At every opportunity I was buying them up and took home as many as I could to New York.
You’d think I would do something special with them, but I was selfish and ate every last one as fresh as can be.
We will be back this year during cherry season and I expect a repeat, but at least this time around I’ll be armed and ready with this milkshake recipe to enjoy alongside my other cherry escapades. I honestly can’t think of a better combination than cherry, bourbon and vanilla.
The only thing that could make it better would be chocolate, so I added a surprise at the bottom of the glass.
Don't let your summer go by without at least one of these milkshakes - but try for more as long as cherry season lasts in your area!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Cherry Bourbon Vanilla Milkshakes Recipe
- 1 cup Bing Cherries, Pitted
- 2 cups Vanilla Ice Cream, Softened, good quality
- 1/3 cup Whole Milk
- 2 ounces Bourbon
- 2 ounces Dark Chocolate
- 2 ounces Heavy Cream
- Add the cherries, vanilla ice cream, milk and bourbon to your blender, puree until smooth.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the chocolate and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer and low the heat, stirring until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour 2 ounces of chocolate ganache in the bottom of 2 milkshake or Collins-style glasses and then divide the milkshake between each glass.
- Drizzle the remaining chocolate on top.
- Serve immediately.
- Susan Palmer
- Cooking Method:
- Boozy Desserts
- Boozy Desserts, Milkshakes, Frozen Drinks, Frozen Treats, Drinks, Desserts, Cherries, Bourbon, Blended
- Related Recipes:
- Boozy Dessert Recipes, Milkshake Recipes, Frozen Drink Recipes, Frozen Treat Recipes, Drink Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Cherry Recipes, Bourbon Recipes, Blended Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 2 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Susan Palmer
Recipe Yields: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Amount Per Serving