Brownie in a Mug RecipeKristy Still | Mommy Hates Cooking
Brownie in a Mug is for when you want a decadent dessert but have little time. Just two minutes in the microwave.
Do you ever have moments where you crave a sweet treat but you know if you make a whole batch, you will just sit down with the entire plate? Oh, is that just me? When I make brownies, I tend to not be able to stop at just one.
Which makes this brownie in a mug perfect for me!
Did you know you could make a single serving brownie in the microwave? That’s right, no baking involved!
These brownies are a little different than the baked brownies, primarily because they are made without eggs, but they are a whole lot of delicious! I made these for my husband and I one night in an attempt to avoid baking, and also avoid eating the entire pan of brownies.
We were both surprised with how good they tasted. I added chocolate chips to ours too, which gave it a nice extra burst of chocolate goodness, then I added some caramel too.
If you really want to take them out of the park, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, then drizzle with chocolate to make a brownie sundae.
I’m making myself crave one now. That’s the downside of a brownie in a mug, they are easy to make whenever you get a hankering for one.
So, I may, in fact, eat just as much as I would with a plate of brownies too. Oh, what a dilemma.
This brownie in a mug is a great dessert for the kids too. They can each get their own mug and top it with the toppings they prefer so that way you can appease all the picky eaters in your household.
I feel like I have the pickiest eaters around, so anything that helps conquer that battle is golden.
Ready for dessert? Eat up!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Brownie in a Mug Recipe
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour, Or gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- pinch of Salt
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter, Softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Caramel Sauce
- Combine all ingredients except the caramel sauce in a mug.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Heat in the microwave for 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Poke a few holes on top then drizzle with caramel.
- Optional: Serve topped with ice cream and chocolate syrup if you prefer.
- Kristy Still
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Brownies, Desserts, Chocolate, Gluten Free, Party Food, Easy, Quick, Microwave
- Related Recipes:
- Brownie Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Chocolate Recipes, Gluten Free Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Easy Recipes, Quick Recipes, Microwave Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 1 serving
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristy Still
Recipe Yields: 1 serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 7 minutes
Amount Per Serving