Beet Hummus RecipeEmily Caruso | Jelly Toast
Roasted beet hummus is an easy way to enjoy beets. Garlic joins the party for an extra savory treat.
Are you a beet lover? If not, I can completely relate. I used to have a shaky relationship with beets, myself. Their 'earthy' flavor didn't really get it done for me.
Fortunately, after trying beets several ways, I finally discovered that if I embraced their unique taste, I really loved them. In fact, I can officially say I am now a beet fanatic.
I have been slipping beets into all kinds of dishes lately, including my Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Tart as well as my newest favorite, Roasted Red Beet Hummus. It has all of the texture and snackability of traditional hummus, but with a subtle beet quality, not to mention a sensational color.
Seriously. Who wouldn't want to dive into a radiant bowl of jewel colored hummus?
Roasting the beets along with some garlic, gives this Roasted Red Beet Hummus a mellow and delightful flavor. It's creamy yet substantial and is a healthy and impressive appetizer to bring to any party - or to just snack on at home!
Try it as a dip with your favorite veggies and crackers or even as a spread on your next Bombay sandwich. Either way, this recipe is a knock out.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Beet Hummus Recipe
- 2 medium Beets, scrubbed (about 3 or 12 oz total)
- 5 cloves Garlic, unpeeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 15 ounce can Chickpeas, 15.5 oz, drained
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place beets and garlic cloves on a 12 inch square piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with 1 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil. Fold foil around the beets and garlic to create an enclosed pouch.
- Place pouch on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 45-60 minutes or until beets and garlic are tender and fragrant. Allow beets to cool about 15 minutes.
- Remove skin from beets and garlic cloves and place peeled beets and garlic in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add chickpeas, lemon juice and lemon zest and process mixture until it's evenly textured.
- With food processor running, drizzle in olive oil and process until almost smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and process until incorporated.
- Use a paper towel to rub skin off of beets and to prevent staining your hands.
- Serve hummus with a variety of veggies and pita crisps.
- Emily Caruso
- Appetizers, Snacks, Vegetables, Vegan, Vegetarian, Easy, Dips
- Related Recipes:
- Appetizer Recipes, Snack Recipes, Vegetable Recipes, Vegan Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Easy Recipes, Dip Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 2 cups
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Emily Caruso
Recipe Yields: 2 cups
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 80 minutes
Amount Per Serving