Banana Pudding Dessert RecipeRebekah Garcia Kalinowski | Kitchen Gidget
This banana pudding dessert – it’s like cheesecake and banana pudding in one! This no bake dessert is easy to make with convenient ingredients.
No bake layered desserts are a must in the summer and incredibly popular at potlucks.
There are endless flavors for any palette including Mint Chocolate Lasagna, Oreo, Lemon and Blueberry Delight!
They’re like cheesecake, cream pie and pudding desserts all rolled into one epic dessert!
They go by so many names – Banana Lasagna, Banana Lush, Banana Delight – and now Banana Pudding Dessert.
This one starts with a graham cracker crust, a cream cheese layer, followed by bananas, vanilla pudding, and cool whip!
Banana Dessert Layers:
Crust – this crust is no-bake so you never have to turn on the oven. It just needs to chill in order to set.
If you like that toasted flavor, 7 minutes at 375°F will do the trick. Allow to cool completely before adding the next layer.
Instead of graham crackers, you can also use vanilla wafers, shortbread cookies or golden oreos.
Cream cheese – this cheesecake layer is sweetened with sugar and lightened up a tad with cool whip.
Bananas – the star of the show! You can cut them in slices, or slice them lengthwise for long layers.
Pudding – I prefer vanilla pudding for its custard flavor, but you can also use banana pudding if you wish, to increase the banana flavor.
You could even use chocolate for a chunky monkey flavor! Be sure to use instant pudding mix, not the cook and serve kind.
Cool whip – the final fluffy layer. Homemade whipped cream can be used, but I prefer the convenience and stability of cool whip.
Keep in mind after assembling that this dessert needs to chill for at least 4 hours in order to set up – so plan ahead.
Because of the bananas, this cannot be prepared too far in advance since they start to oxidize and turn brown.
It doesn’t affect the flavor, but we eat with our eyes first, as they say. Watch everyone’s eyes light up when this banana dessert is served!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Banana Pudding Dessert Recipe
IngredientsFor the Crust:
- 2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs, (about 15 crackers)
- 1/2 cup Salted Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 Bananas, sliced
- 12 ounces Whipped Topping, divided
- 2 3.4 ounce boxes Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 3 cups Milk
- In a large bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar until moistened. Press firmly into 13x9 pan and refrigerate while preparing next layer.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until fluffy. Fold in 1 cup of whipped topping. Spread over graham cracker crust.
- Top with sliced bananas and refrigerate while preparing next layer.
- In a large bowl whisk together pudding mix and milk for two minutes. Pour over bananas. Top with remaining 2 cups of whipped topping.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours until set, preferably longer. Garnish with banana slices and/or graham cracker crumbs before serving, if desired.
- Rebekah Garcia Kalinowski
- Cooking Method:
- No Bake
- Cheese, Bananas, Pudding, No Bake Desserts, No Bake, Easy Desserts, Family Meals and Snacks
- Related Recipes:
- Cheese Recipes, Banana Recipes, Pudding Recipes, No Bake Dessert Recipes, No Bake Recipes, Easy Dessert Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 18 servings
- Prep Time:
- Chilling Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Rebekah Garcia Kalinowski
Recipe Yields: 18 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 260 minutes
Amount Per Serving