Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Granola Bars RecipeHeather Tullos | Sugar Dish Me
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Granola Bars is modeled after a cookie favorite. No bake and totally simple.
Chewy no-bake granola bars with a hint of cinnamon, loads of raisins, flax seeds and oats. These oatmeal raisin cookie granola bars are so simple. A great breakfast when you’re on-the-go!
Last year I published a recipe for the best dang granola bars ever. And they are. OH MY GOSH they are. No-bake, drizzled with chocolate, loaded with nuts and dried fruits -- I will love them for forever.
In fact, it’s a recipe I love so much that it needed to morph just a little bit into a new granola bar. One modeled after my favorite cookies. Oatmeal Raisin!!! So now I have two of the best granola bars ever. It’s a granola bar monopoly.
I used the same base for the syrup in this recipe -- brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, honey. But to the bars I added this special ingredient that takes the texture over the top.
Rice Krispies! Or, to be more generic about it - crisp rice cereal. They give the bars this little bit of crunch with every bite, but the texture is still chewy. So much love.
You’ll notice I called for quick oats with this recipe, which is a departure from my normal old fashioned oats. The finer texture of the quick oats works better with the crisp rice cereal, but ALSO!! It lets you skip a step. No toasting the oats here. This recipe is completely no-bake.
It's summer time, which means no-bake is a complete win. If I don't have to turn the oven on in this heat: winner, winner, chicken dinner! But, these do double duty as a great lunchbox filler when the school year rolls around again.
If you’re looking for another no-bake granola recipe, you should definitely try these peanut butter honey granola bites. If you aren’t afraid of the oven, This Nutella almond granola is one of my favorites. And you should definitely check out this healthy oatmeal cookie recipe!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Granola Bars Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Quick Oats
- 1 1/2 cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- 1/2 cup Flax Seed
- 1-1 1/2 cups Raisins
- 2 tablespoons Oil, Grapeseed, canola, vegetable, melted coconut -- any will work
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Line a 9 X 9 pan with parchment paper or foil. You want a piece large enough that the sides will come back over and cover the top of the bars once you fill the pan.
- In a large bowl stir together the oats and Crisp Rice Cereal. Toss it together with the flax seeds and raisins.
- Add the brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a medium saucepan and bring it to a simmer over medium high heat. Stir to make sure the brown sugar dissolves, and turn the heat off.
- Pour the hot liquid over the oats and stir to coat evenly. Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Fold the parchment or foil over the top of the granola in the pan and PRESS to fill the corners and flatten. Keep pressing and smooth the granola out so that it is even across the pan.
- Let the granola bars set up in a cool dry place for at least an hour. They will set faster in the freezer. I like to make mine in the evening and let them set up overnight.
- Heather Tullos
- Cooking Method:
- No Bake
- Oatmeal, Raisins, Granola, Bar Desserts, Snacks, Family Meals and Snacks, No Bake
- Related Recipes:
- Oatmeal Recipes, Raisin Recipes, Granola Recipes, Bar Dessert Recipes, Snack Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, No Bake Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 12 bars
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Heather Tullos
Recipe Yields: 12 bars
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
Amount Per Serving