Ham and Asparagus Quiche RecipeLisa Grant | Jersey Girl Cooks
Ham and asparagus quiche is the perfect way to surprise Mom with breakfast in bed. Full of spring goodness and delicious eggs.
When it comes to breakfast, I am a savory type of girl. I can look at strawberry waffles or fluffy pancakes and drool, but I would much rather have an egg dish than something sweet in the morning.
As a child, I stayed away from sugary cereals and I think that stayed with me to adulthood. Quiche, breakfast burritos and any type of eggs are my kind of breakfast. They also are a perfect dinner solution when you need to cook something quick and easy.
This rosemary ham and asparagus quiche is just the thing to make on Mother’s Day morning, but also a recipe that I frequently use on my dinner rotation.
This quiche tastes just as good heated up the day after you make it, so feel free to bake it in advance, then just relax and kick up your feet the morning you are serving it.
Wouldn’t you like to get that extra hour of sleep, especially on Mother’s Day? Whether you are serving the quiche for brunch or dinner, it pairs well with a heirloom tomato and chick pea salad or a strawberry spinach salad.
Dijon mustard and the rosemary ham really bring out the special flavor in this quiche. I buy rosemary ham at Trader Joe's or my supermarket deli, but if you cannot find it, regular ham will work fine. Just sprinkle a teaspoon or two of dried rosemary on the ham when you are adding it to the quiche.
Making pie crust is my weakness, but a refrigerated pie crust works well in this recipe. One of these days I will become a better pie baker but in the meantime, I happily use readymade crust with no shame.
I love all the available asparagus in the grocery stores right now. I have been eating it three times a week, and I made this goat cheese asparagus tart as an appetizer last weekend. This is another recipe that would be perfect on your Mother’s day brunch buffet!
So what are your plans this Mother’s day? Do you have breakfast or brunch plans?
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Ham and Asparagus Quiche Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 6 medium spear Asparagus, cleaned and cut into 1" pieces
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Refrigerated Pie Crust, softened to room temperature
- 4 slices Havarti Cheese
- 6 ounces Rosemary Ham, chopped in pieces (found in the deli)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium size frying pan, heat the olive oil to medium heat. Add the asparagus and cook for about 5 minutes or until it starts to soften.
- In a medium size bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and mustard.
- Lay the pie crust in a 9 to 10 inch pie plate. Prick the bottom and sides of the crust with a fork. Primp the edges if desired. Lay the cheese over the crust covering the whole thing. Top it with the ham and asparagus.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the quiche is set and golden brown. Crust can be covered with strips of foil midway through cooking if it is browning too fast.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Lisa Grant
- Cooking Method:
- Quiche, Baked, Eggs, Ham, Asparagus, Breakfasts, Brunches
- Related Recipes:
- Quiche Recipes, Baked Recipes, Egg Recipes, Ham Recipes, Asparagu Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6-8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Lisa Grant
Recipe Yields: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Amount Per Serving