Greek Yogurt Chicken RecipeTaylor Kiser | Food. Faith. Fitness.
Greek Yogurt Chicken fills you with veggies, protein, and tons of flavor. A must make.
I can practically feel each perfectly-roasted, lightly sweet tomato burst in my mouth as I munch my way from under the PILE of bright and fresh, zesty zucchini noodles.
Zesty zucchini noodles that are topped with CREAMIEST, herb-packed Greek yogurt chicken that my mouth has ever tasted.
It’s my idea of easy-peasy weeknight-friendly dinner food heaven. And I want to eat it all the time.
And I have been. Because it’s one of those meals that you eat, put the leftovers away for your husbands lunch, and then just kind of keep going back for little nibbles here and there.
Which then end ups up in asking him if cereal is lunch-appropriate because you sort of got carried away with fresh-and-healthy-tomato-chicken YUM.
Which is, like, really surprising considering the addictive food in question is CHICKEN. Like, protein-packed, super full of health and good-for-you-fresh veggies kinda chicken.
If you’re like me and, since we’re SUPA BESTIES and stuff, you ARE, you’re usually the person who goes for the extra nibbles and secret-oh-my-gosh-is-that-chocolate-on-my-forehead-now-everyone-is-going-to-know-I-ate-an-extra-2 bites of cookie dough cheesecake or cake batter cookies.
I know you do it. Don’t lie.
BUT CHICKEN that lures you to fridge for that teensy little taste test? GAME CHANGER, my easy-meal loving friends.
I can’t lie to you. I am typically not one for cherry tomatoes. There’s just something about them.
They bug me. I didn’t think it was possibly for food to be annoying, but cherry tomatoes have proved my brain wrong.
Until I tried roasting them when I made healthy mac and cheese, and decided that they were my mouth’s new BFF. The squishy bursts of fresh-vegetal goodness grew my once-cherry-tomato-judging-Grinch heart TWO SIZES that day.
Too soon? I’ll save it for November.
A-NE-Wayz, I then decided that I wanted to put them on ALL the things and in ALL the things. PLUS PLUS PLUS the combo of the fresh and sun-dried tomatoes is preeeety much the ULTIMATE in all things delicious and yum.
Especially when there’s sprinkles of herb-a-licious Italian seasoning, ribbons of freshly sliced basil, a squeeze of SUPAH fresh, bright lemon, and ALL the melty-ooey-gooey Parmesan cheese on top. ß DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
But, we’re besties remember? I know you wouldn’t let your inner-cheese-covered-winner-of-a-chicken-dinner-loving-self down like that.
Heck, I might even suggest you sprinkle on a little EXTRA cheese.
And if you’re reading between the imaginary, internet-land lines, well…
That’s not really a suggestion.
You feel me.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Greek Yogurt Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Non Fat Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Sundried Tomatoes, Roughly chopped, packed in oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice, Plus additional for the zucchini noodles
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning, Plus more for sprinkling on the chicken
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Oil, From the jar of sundried tomatoes
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, 4 small breasts
- 1 1/2 cups Cherry Tomatoes
- Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Romano Cheese Blend, Or just plain parmesan
- 4 medium Zucchini Squashes
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, Sliced
- In a small food processor (mine is 3 cups) blend the Greek yogurt, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, a few pinches of pepper, 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, garlic and oil until smooth, and the tomatoes are mostly broken down. Depending on the strength of your food processor, this could take a good 3-4 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides down every so often.
- Scrape the mixture into a large bowl and add in the chicken breast. Turn the chicken, spooning the yogurt over each breast, until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Once marinated, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken into the prepared baking dish. Also, place the cherry tomatoes onto a small baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink inside, and the tomatoes are soft and roasted, about 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the chicken and bake for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- While the chicken bakes, use the 5mm blade on your spiralizer to turn the zucchini into noodles. Place the zucchini noodles into a large strainer, set over a large bowl, and toss with a little bit of salt. Let sit, stirring occasionally, as the chicken cooks.
- Squeeze out as much excess moisture from the zucchini noodles as you can and toss them a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and a pinch of pepper. Add in the roasted tomatoes and lightly toss.
- Divide the mixture between 4 plates and place a piece of chicken on top. Divide the fresh basil between the bowls and DEVOUR.
- Taylor Kiser
- Cooking Method:
- Healthy Eating
- Healthy Eating, Healthy, Chicken, Greek, Yogurt, Easy Dinners, Dinners, Tomatoes, Cheese, Zucchini, Baked
- Related Recipes:
- Healthy Eating Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Greek Recipes, Yogurt Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Tomato Recipes, Cheese Recipes, Zucchini Recipes, Baked Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Taylor Kiser
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Amount Per Serving