Fried Pickles RecipeMilisa Armstrong | Miss in the Kitchen
Fried Pickles are a classic appetizer that is so easy to make at home! Your favorite dill pickle slices are batter dipped and deep fried. Dip them in comeback sauce or ranch dressing and I bet you can eat just one!
When I was a teenager and first learning to cook, my best friend was dill pickle crazy. She would come over to our house and eat an entire jar of pickles.
One day she convinced me that we had to make fried pickles. I was pretty skeptical, but they were so addicting! I think I made them every day for a week straight.
I guess I grew up and moved on to new favorites like popcorn chicken and Doritos Chicken Jalapeño Poppers because it has been ages since I've even thought about fried pickles.
A while back we stopped by my sister-in-law's house and she was making fried pickles. My love was rekindled and I couldn't stop thinking about them. I picked up a big jar of dill pickle slices and saved them for just the right time.
We put in an above ground pool this summer and we are sure enjoying it. After spending hours and hours in the pool, the kids are ravenous! A batch of fried pickles were just the ticket when everyone came in.
Putting in a pool this summer was the best idea ever. I can't remember when I've had more fun with the kids. Plus, it helps me work off some of the desserts and fried foods that I can't get enough of!
Fun times with our family and feeding the whole crowd is what really makes me happy. I'm so glad the kids pick our house as the place to hang out.
If you are looking for an epic snack to serve to family and friends, you have to give these fried pickles a try!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Fried Pickles Recipe
- 32 ounces Dill Pickle Slices
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Seasoning Sauce
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 cups Vegetable Oil
- Ranch Dressing, or Comeback Sauce, for dipping
- Drain pickles and place on a paper towel to dry.
- Add flour and seasoning salt to a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine. Add water and milk and whisk until well combined.
- Add oil to a heavy bottom skillet. Heat over medium-high to 350 degrees.
- Dip pickles in batter and let excess drip off. Carefully place in hot oil, turning about every 30 seconds until well browned on both sides. Cook 6-8 at a time. Place on a paper towel lined wire rack to drain.
- Serve with ranch dressing or comeback sauce.
- Milisa Armstrong
- Cooking Method:
- Party Food
- Appetizers, Party Food, Pickles, Fried, Easy
- Related Recipes:
- Appetizer Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Pickle Recipes, Fried Recipes, Easy Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Milisa Armstrong
Recipe Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Amount Per Serving