Crispy Roasted Red PotatoesCyd Converse
Crispy roasted red potatoes make a wonderful side dish, or a lovely snack served just as they are! In this recipe they're cooked with rosemary, which complements them perfectly!
Crispy roasted red potatoes are such a very simple thing to make, but they are incredibly delicious! They make a wonderful side dish for any kind of meat, but they also make a tasty snack, especially when topped with a couple of extra ingredients like cheese and choppped scallions!
They cook relatively quickly and are actually pretty healthy, especially when you consider that the skins are left on!
Note: you can use this simple method to roast baby white potatoes, too! They taste just as good. If you want to change things up a little, try a different fresh herb instead of rosemary. Thyme makes a great alternative!
What to do with leftover roasted potatoes
In the unlikely event (!) that you have some roasted potatoes left and you don't know what to do with them, here are a few good ideas to try!
- Turn them into mashed potato to serve with another meal. The crispy skins will give them a little added texture!
- Use them to make Bubble and Squeak
- Toss them with your favorite dressing or mayonnaise to make a potato salad
- Mash them up to make Loaded Cheese Stuffed Mashed Potato Balls
How to reheat roasted potatoes
What if you don't want to use those leftover roasted potatoes in another dish, but just want to to have them hot and crispy once again?
Whilst you could reheat them in the microwave, we wouldn't recommend it as they would lose their lovely texture. The best way to reheat them is in the oven (technically re-roasting them!).
Just spray a pan with cooking oil and preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Spread the potatoes out in an even layer.
Cover them with foil and heat them for about 10 to 12 minutes. This will warm them up without making them go too hard.
Remove the foil and continue heating them for 5 to 7 minutes. This will help crisp the skins back up so your roasted potatoes will taste as good as new!
Crispy Roasted Red Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds Small Red Potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together the potatoes, oil, and rosemary.
- Spread the potatoes out evenly in a single layer and season with the salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast for around 30 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time, until the potatoes are crispy and golden on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Cyd Converse
- Martha Stewart
- Cooking Method:
- Side Dishes
- Roasted, Potatoes, Side Dishes
- Related Recipes:
- Roasted Recipes, Potato Recipes, Side Dish Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
Author: Cyd Converse
Source: Martha Stewart
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving