Enjoy the wonderful flavor of Texas Roadhouse Seasoned Rice with this quick and easy recipe
If you’ve ever been to Texas Roadhouse, you are bound to have tried their delicious Seasoned Rice. This dish takes the rice game to the next level, as it is bursting with bold flavor.
And the good news is that you can easily put it together using ingredients you probably already have at home.
Texas Roadhouse Seasoned Rice is a type of rice pilaf (or pilau, if you’re from the UK!). A pilaf uses rice, or sometimes a form of wheat, cooked in a broth or stock and delicately seasoned with a variety of spices. Cooked meat can also be added, as well as vegetables.
Many Indian recipes incorporate pilaf rice, and Spanish paella is also considered to be a pilaf!
This copycat recipe yields about 6 cups of cooked rice (8 servings), and will only need about 30 minutes of your time!
Texas Roadhouse Seasoned Rice Recipe
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
2 cups uncooked white rice, washed
4 cups chicken stock/broth
1 cup finely chopped parsley
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 large onion, thinly diced
2 tbsp paprika
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cayenne pepper (if you like things hot, you can increase this to 3 tsp!)
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the uncooked rice and cook in the butter for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure it browns evenly.
- Next, add the onions and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Bring the skillet to a boil, and allow to boil for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes until the rice is soft.
You will never need to leave the house again, as these recipes are as good as the real thing! Your wallet will thank you too!
Storing leftover rice
If you do have any of this rice dish leftover, you can freeze it.
Transfer the rice into an air-tight container and store for up to one month. When you want to use it again, it is important to thaw the rice correctly to prevent illness.
Here are three methods for thawing rice safely:
1. Thaw in the fridge overnight; use thawed rice within 2-3 days.
2. Place the containers with the rice into freezer bags. Place the packages into a large mixing bowl, and fill with cold water. When the packages are submerged, turn the water down so that it is only trickling into the bowl. Check the rice every half an hour. When it is nearly thawed, remove from the water and reheat the rice. Be sure to use rice on the same day if you use this thawing method.
3. You can also thaw rice in the microwave! Make sure the rice is in a microwavable dish before starting. Set your microwave to thaw/defrost and begin defrosting in 2-4 minute cycles. Check the rice every 2 minutes to ensure even cooking. Consume rice the same day when defrosting in the microwave.
For more great Texas Roadhouse flavor, don't miss these Texas Roadhouse Rolls.