Hawaiian Burger RecipeTanya Schroeder | Lemons for Lulu
A Hawaiian Burger grilled up on a sunny day, could there be anything finer? The pineapple and onions get grilled too, for one amazing...
Pork and beef collide in this big Hawaiian burger! Each patty gets topped with sweet grilled pineapple and teriyaki onions for a little taste of the tropics.
I have always wanted to take a trip to Hawaii. I've been to Honolulu once, although you cannot count it as a trip. I was merely at the airport for a layover during my one and only trip to Australia.
I know what you are thinking. You are thinking "but you've been to Australia"! Yes, I'm very lucky in that regard. Not many people I know have travelled "down under". But, I should clarify something; that trip took place when I was 12.
My grandparents were living there at the time, so this was a business trip. We were there to spend time with my extended family, and that was it. We did some site seeing for sure, but most of my time were spent indoors staring at my aging grandparents. I'm not complaining; that was all the time I had with them. I'm merely stating that trip wasn't as exotic as it may sound.
After my fifth wedding anniversary, I told my husband that I thought we should go to Hawaii for our fifteenth wedding anniversary.
It seemed like the ultimate getaway for such a life event. It would be beautiful, romantic and memorable. Well, here we are nearly approaching our fifteenth wedding anniversary. With three very busy kids, and expenses associated with said three busy kids and no free time, we find that this isn't the best year to take that trip to Hawaii after all.
I have to hang that dream up for a few years. I'm sure it will be even more romantic after our twentieth anniversary right?
In the meantime, I'll bring a little Hawaii into our home with these huge Hawaiian burgers! I used ground pork and ground beef to create these thick hamburger patties and then topped each one with crispy bacon and creamy Havarti cheese.
Because I love grilled pineapple (you should see my recipe for grilled pineapple), AND I think it pairs well with pork, I grilled up thick pineapple rings too. Caramelized teriyaki onions adorn the top. These fantastic Hawaiian burgers give me the little taste of the tropics that I need!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Hawaiian Burger Recipe
IngredientsFor the Burger Patties:
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 pound Ground Pork
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Cilantro
- 4 slices Cooked Bacon
- 4 slices Havarti Cheese
- 4 Pineapple Rings
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 clove Garlic
- Black Pepper
To Cook the Burgers and Toppings:
- In a bowl, mix by hand the ground pork, ground beef, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper and cilantro. Shape pork mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat an outdoor grill or a grill pan to medium heat. Place patties on grill and cook for 5-8 minutes per side or until done.
- Place a slice of Havarti cheese on each patty during the last minute or two of cooking to allow cheese to melt.
- Add pineapple rings to the hot grates and cook rings on each side just until pineapple begins to soften.
- While patties are grilling, In a large skillet, place onion rings in hot oil over medium heat. Cook onions until they are soft and caramelized, about 10 minutes. Add teriyaki sauce; stir.
To Make the Garlic Mayo:
- In a small bowl, combine mayo and garlic; add pepper to taste.
To Assemble Burgers:
- Divide garlic mayo between the hamburger buns.
- Place one hamburger patty on the bottom of a hamburger bun.
- Top with cooked bacon and one pineapple ring.
- Divide onions among burgers, top with remaining bun half and serve.
- Tanya Schroeder
- Cooking Method:
- Sandwiches, Burgers, Hamburgers, Ground Beef, Pineapples, Bacon, Onions, Easy Dinners, Grilled, Grilling, Summer
- Related Recipes:
- Sandwich Recipes, Burger Recipes, Hamburger Recipes, Ground Beef Recipes, Pineapple Recipes, Bacon Recipes, Onion Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Grilled Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Summer Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 burgers
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Tanya Schroeder
Recipe Yields: 4 burgers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
Total Time: 26 minutes
Amount Per Serving