How to make your own everything bagel seasoning blend in seconds with just five ingredients. It's great on everything you season with it!
Trader Joe's fans, have you discovered the goes-with-everything Everything But the Bagel Seasoning blend?
Oh my, it's a game changer. Just a sprinkle of the seasoning blend adds a bit of crunch, salt, flavor, and texture.
But, dear friends, what if you do not have a Trader Joe's nearby? What are you to do?
Fear not, as you can make your own homemade Everything bagel seasoning in seconds.
The blend from Trader Joe's consists of sesame seeds (white and black), sea salt flakes, dried minced garlic, dried minced onion, and poppy seeds.
I wanted to make the blend myself from ingredients easily found in most supermarkets, so I use only white sesame seeds and I substitute coarse sea salt for the sea salt flakes.
You may also add black sesame seeds if you find them, but I did not feel the extra expense was necessary.
You may, of course, add more or less of each ingredient, depending on your own taste, but this recipe for everything seasoning blend is the proportion that I find works best and tastes most similar to the original blend. This combination makes 1/3 cup.
Store your seasoning blend in a little mason jar or a spice jar saved from past spices.
How can you use everything bagel seasoning? I'm glad you asked.
One of my favorite snacks (or appetizer or side dish) to make is 3-ingredient mini stuffed peppers.
Here some more ideas, but I'm sure you clever folks will find more.
- sprinkle over avocado toast
- sprinkle over your morning eggs
- sprinkle over roasted veggies
- roast chicken covered in the seasoning
- top store-bought hummus or guacamole
- mix a handful in with your popcorn
- top your mac and cheese with a bit of the blend
- sprinkle over bread before baking
- stuff celery with cream cheese and top with the blend
- mix in to softened butter
- mix in to spreadable cheese
- add to your salad
- top baked potatoes
- make some homemade crackers
- sprinkle over buttered corn on the cob
- mix in to chicken, tuna, or shrimp salad
- brush store-bought dinner rolls with butter and the blend before baking
- add to buttered rice for an interesting side dish
- replace the salt on soft pretzels
- on sushi!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!