1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix shallots, garlic, herbs, mustard, one tsp each of salt and pepper and 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Heat the remaining tbsp of oil in a cast iron or other oven proof skillet over medium high heat. Season pork generously with salt and pepper. Sear the pork on all sides until well browned, about three or four minutes per side. Remove the pan from heat.
4. Coat the top and sides of the roast with the shallot and mustard mixture, coating the roast well as best you can. (If you have any mixture left, and you should, toss it with the potatoes I mentioned above and another tbsp of oil and throw them in the pan with the roast.)
5. Roast the pork for 40-50 minutes, taking the temperature in the middle of the roast at the 40 minute mark. Remove the roast when the temperature reaches 140 - 145 degrees. The temperature will continue to rise as the meat rests.
6. Let the roast rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.