- 3 pounds Gala Apples, Peeled and thinly sliced, organic preferrred
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider, Or water
Add the apples, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and apple cider to the bowl of a 5-6 quart slow cooker and mix well.
Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for 12 hours. Do not open or stir!
When the apples are done cooking, cool to room temperature, then refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
When the apple butter is completely chilled, blend in a blender or food processor until smooth. Store in an airtight container (like a mason jar) in the refrigerator up to one month.