refried beans layer:
pico de gallo layer:
- 1 16 oz can Fat Free Refried Beans
- 4 ounces Green Chiles, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1-3 dashes Hot Sauce
- 5 Plum Tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeños Jalapeño, seeds removed and minced
- 1/4 Red Onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 bunch Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 2 Avocados, peeled and pits removed
- 4 tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo
- 1/2 cup Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Shredded Reduced Fat Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/3 cup Fat Free Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Black Olives
- 2-3 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, chopped
In a skillet set over medium heat, add refried beans, diced green chilies, cumin, coriander, chili powder, garlic powder and hot sauce. Stir together and allow flavors to meld and warm through, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a medium size bowl, mix together all of the pico de gallo ingredients (tomatoes, jalapeno, red onion, lime, salt and cilantro) and set aside.
In a second medium size bowl, mash avocados with a fork, potato masher or pastry blender. Add 1 cup of the pico de gallo mixture and the juice of two limes and mix well to combine.
Spread the refried bean mixture evenly over a medium sized platter with slightly rimmed edges. Then layer the ingredients in the following order on top of the beans, making sure to spread each layer evenly over the top of the previous:
1 cup of pico de gallo
5. Serve dip with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Extra dip can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. This recipe can also be made on two smaller platters or plates. Just divide each layer evenly between the two plates. Easy peasy.