- 24 slices Party Rye Bread
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island Dressing
- 15 ounces Sauerkraut, Drained
- 1/2 pound Corned Beef, Sliced thin
- 1/4 pound Lacy Swiss Cheese
Preheat broiler to high. Place party rye bread on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil for about 1 minute or until toasted. Flip bread and toast the second side.
Spread each piece of toast with 1 teaspoon of Thousand Island Dressing.
Top each toast with 1 tablespoon of sauerkraut, 1 slice of corned beef and a small slice of Swiss cheese.
Place baking sheet back under the broiler and broil until cheese is bubbly and golden. Serve toasts hot.
- Be sure to toast both sides of the bread. This sounds like a trivial step, but it’s important in how the bread holds up to all of the toppings.
- Drain your sauerkraut as much as possible! Really get rid of as much moisture as you can to ensure that the little toasts don’t get soggy.
- Use a great quality Swiss cheese. I like a lacy Swiss for this, with it’s tiny little holes it gives you a nice even layer of cheese over the top of each toast.