- 1 cup Butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 large Eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts, optional
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper or baking mats.
Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy - about 2 - 3 minutes.
Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat for another 2 minutes.
Add in the flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix just until the flour is mixed in.
Fold in the chocolate chips, and walnuts, if using.
Divide the dough into 10 portions loosely in tall mounds. Place on baking sheets.
Bake for 12 - 15 minutes. Remove, then allow to sit on the baking sheet for another 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Best the same day, but can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.