For the Bread:
For the Glaze:
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest, zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Raspberries, or frozen, don't thaw if frozen
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice, juice from one lemon
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, rub the lemon zest and sugar together with your fingers until the sugar is light yellow and fragrant. Whisk in the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, melted butter and oil until well combined. Add the milk and vanilla and whisk until combined. Add this mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in the raspberries.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the bread comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan, and then remove it to a wire rack to cool completely.
In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth to make the glaze. Drizzle the glaze over top of the cooled bread. You may not need all of the glaze. The bread will keep well at room temperature in a sealed container for 3-5 days, or you can freeze it for up to 3 months.
- This bread is also good with half whole wheat flour. It’s also great without the glaze if you want to omit that to make it a bit healthier!
Adapted from these Glazed Lemon Cranberry Muffins.