- 1 16 ounce package Potato Gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 cup Pesto, (store-bought)
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Chopped Basil
- Grated Parmesan Cheese, (optional)
Boil a large pot of water over high heat, then boil the gnocchi for 2 to 4 minutes, until tender (or according to package directions). Drain and reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
Heat the butter in the same pan over medium heat (or you could use another skillet). Add the pesto, cream and reserved pasta water. Stir in the gnocchi and gently mix together.
Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the sauce is creamy, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Sprinkle with the basil and serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.