- 12 ounces Chicken Breast, (boneless and skinless)
- 6 ounces Yellow Onion, (basically half an onion)
- 3 links Mexican Chorizos
- 1/4 cup Sherry Cooking Wine
- 2 cloves Garlics
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 ounce White Mexican Dipping Original Cheese
- 1 ounce Half & Half
Chop the onion and dice the garlic.
Mix the spices together.
Halve the chicken breast (you can bash it out a little thinner if required).
Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat and add the chopped onion. Cook gently until it begins to caramelize, then stir in the garlic and spices.
Cook for a minute, stirring continuously, then pour in the sherry.
Cook until almost all the liquid has evaporated
Remove the cooked onion from the pan and set aside.
Add the chorizo to the pan and break it up with a spoon whilst cooking over medium heat. Continue to cook until the chorizo is done, (try to get a few crispy bits for added flavor).
Remove the chorizo from the pan and set aside.
Add the olive oil to the pan, then add the chicken. Cook until it has a nice, golden crust.
Meanwhile, prepare the cheese sauce. Simply heat the cheese and cream together gently, stirring until thoroughly combined.
Place the chicken on the serving plate, cover with the onion/spice mixture, then spoon the chorizo on top. Finally, top with the cheese sauce.