For the Chicken Tinga:
For the Tacos:
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Chipotle Pepper in Adobos, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Adobo Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 14.5 ounce can Diced Fire-Roasted Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 10 Corn Tortillas, (6-inch)
- 2 Ripe Avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1/4 cup Fresh Pomegranate Seeds
- Crumbled Queso Fresco
- Lime Wedges
- Hot Sauce
Set Instant Pot to Saute. Add oil and once the oil is hot, add onion. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Stir in chipotles, oregano, and cumin. Cook for an additional minute.
Stir in tomatoes, chicken stock, salt, and pepper. Nestle chicken thighs into the mixture.
Close the lid of the Instant Pot. Set to Manual Pressure on High to cook for 20 minutes.
Once finished, quick release the pressure. Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred using two forks.
Using a stick blender, blend the sauce in the Instant Pot until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can blend the sauce in batches in a blender.
Return chicken to the sauce and stir together until combined.
To assemble tacos, add chicken tinga to each tortilla, dividing evenly among them. Top with slices of avocado. Sprinkle with cilantro, red onion, pomegranate seeds, and queso fresco.
Serve immediately with hot sauce and lime wedges.