- 2 heads Butter Lettuce, Try the "living lettuce" with the roots still attached
- 1 pound Chopped Bacon, Cooked until crispy
- 2-2 1/2 cups Chopped Tomatoes
- 4 Avocados, With skin and pit removed, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence, Without lavender, or dried Italian blend herbs
You'll want your bacon to be cooled and drained by setting it on a plate lined with paper towels.
Take your chopped tomatoes and sprinkle with salt and a little pepper. Now pour on the olive oil and add dried herbs. Stir together and set the tomatoes aside.
Remove leaves from both heads of lettuce and rinse thoroughly. Pat them dry gently so the leaves don't break and lay the leaves in a single layer on a serving tray.
Drain the excess liquid from the tomatoes.
Spoon tomatoes on top of the lettuce. Follow with avocado. Top with bacon.
Refrigerate if you're not serving them right away but it is best to assemble these right before serving.
- I can get about 22-26 wraps out of this recipe but it will depend on the size of your lettuce leaves and how many leaves are your ideal size. The number you get out of this recipe will vary.
- You may want to assemble this right before serving to prevent the avocado from turning brown.
If your bacon is not already cooked before you begin, add the cooking time to this recipe.