- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour, or Certified Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 7 ounces Almond Paste, one package
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Slivered Almonds, divided
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, butter and oil.
Beat in the almond paste, eggs, vanilla, and milk.
Fold in 1/4 Cup of the almonds.
Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, then pour the batter into the pan spreading it evenly.
Sprinkle the top with remaining almonds.
Bake for 50 minutes, or until nice and browned and when poked with a toothpick in the deepest part it comes out clean.
Remove from the loaf pan and let cool on a wire rack.