- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar, Lightly packed
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Finely Grated Zucchini, About 1 small
- 1 cup Finely Grated Carrots, About 2 medium
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 24 cup mini muffin tin (or 12 cup regular muffin tin) with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
In a small bowl, combine the eggs, applesauce, yogurt, zucchini and carrot (if you don’t want any visible veggies this can be pureed in a blender or food processor instead).
Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
Divide the batter between the 24 prepared muffin cups, heaping it up in each cup. For regular sized muffins, the 12 cups were filled to the top.
Bake for 16-18 minutes (or 22-24 minutes if making full size muffins) or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Muffins will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days, or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- These muffins can also be made with grated apple replacing the zucchini, which makes them slightly sweeter without increasing the sugar. They’re great both ways, so use whatever you have on hand!