- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons Wheat Germ, optional
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- dash of Salt
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 tablespoons Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the wheat flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and chocolate chips.
In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time, and then stir in the pumpkin and vanilla.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until incorporated (by hand).
Place heaping tablespoonfuls of the batter on to a greased cookie sheet or a silicon baking mat.
With wet fingers, gently press down the balls to flatten them out.
Bake about 15-17 minutes (or until lightly crisped on top).