- 2 cups White Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 8 tablespoons Butter, Softened
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Apple, Diced, about 1 medium apple
- Sparkling Sugar, For tops (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F and line a muffin tin with papers (or grease with nonstick spray).
Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Whisk in egg.
Stir in flour and milk until just combined, then stir in diced apple.
Divide batter among 12 muffin cups. Top with sparkling sugar, if desired.
Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes. Serve immediately or let cool and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.