For the Pecan Pie Layer:
For the Oatmeal:
- 4 teaspoons Chopped Pecans, Plus additional for garnish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
In a dry pan over medium heat, toast the pecans, stirring frequently, until “toasty” smelling. This only takes 1-3 minutes. Set aside.
In a small, microwave-safe bowl, stir together the coconut sugar, maple syrup and almond milk.
Microwave until the mixture darkens and the coconut sugar is melted, only about 40-50 seconds. Be careful not to over-cook it or it will turn into caramel! It should still be quite fluid.
Stir in the diced pecans and divide the mixture between 2 glasses.
In a medium bowl, stir together the oatmeal and cinnamon. Add in the almond milk and stir to combine.
Divide the oatmeal mixture between the 2 glasses. Refrigerate for 6 hours – overnight.
Garnish with additional pecans (if desired) and DEVOUR.