- 10 ounces Broccoli Crowns
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, or avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- pinch of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, optional
- 1/2 Lemon, sliced into wedges, optional
Adjust your toaster oven cooking rack to the lowest position and heat to 425°F on the “Bake” setting. Lightly oil a rimmed baking pan.
Cut the broccoli florets from the stalks and slice large florets in half or quarter. Peel the stalks and slice into 1/4-inch rounds.
Add all of the broccoli, garlic, oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to the pan. Toss well to combine and then spread in an even layer.
Roast broccoli until the florets are lightly browned and fork tender, about 10 to 16 minutes depending on the size of your florets and personal preference.
Squeeze lemon wedges over pan, add more salt and pepper to taste and toss broccoli before serving.
- You can substitute about 3 cups of small florets for the broccoli crowns.
- Convection adjustments: keep the temperature at 425°F and begin checking for doneness 2 to 3 minutes earlier.