- 1 slice French Bread, cut into 3/4" cubes (1 ounce, about 1 cup, cubed)
- 1-2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/16 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1-2 teaspoons Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
Adjust the cooking rack to the bottom position and preheat your toaster oven to 350°F on the BAKE setting.
Add bread cubes to a large bowl, drizzle with oil, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, and half the parmesan cheese. Toss again making sure each piece is well coated.
Spread bread cubes in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes. Stir the croutons and continue baking until golden and crunchy, about another 5 minutes.
Remove from the toaster oven, sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Leave croutons on the pan to cool completely before adding to your favorite salad or soup.
Store leftover croutons in a well-sealed container, refrigerated, for up to one week.
To re-crisp chewy croutons/
- Reduce the temperature to 325°F. You may need to shorten the cooking time by a few minutes so begin checking for doneness early, adding more time as needed.
- Place on baking sheet and add to a 350°F preheated toaster oven. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until crispy and crunchy.