- 2 slices Multigrain Bread
- 2 teaspoons Mayonnaise
- 2 slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 small Fresh Tomato, ripe and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 3 large Fresh Basil Leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Balsamic Glaze, optional
Spread mayonnaise on one side of each bread slice. Flip slices over and top each one with a slice of mozzarella.
Place bread with cheese facing up directly on the toaster oven cooking rack. Set toaster oven to TOAST and cook until bread is toasted and cheese is melted about 4 to 5 minutes.
Sprinkle half the basil on one slice of toasted cheese bread. Add tomato and season with salt and pepper. Top with remaining basil and place the other toast on top (cheese-side down).
- To make this sandwich in our Breville Smart Oven Pro Countertop Oven we use the TOAST function with a Darkness Level of 5 or 6 and Slices Setting of 4.