For the Cobbler Filling:
For the Topping:
- 2 large Peaches, Sliced, or 3 small
- 2 large Nectarines, Sliced
- 2 Apricots, Sliced
- 3 Red Plums, Sliced
- 1 cup Fresh Cherries, Pitted and halved
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour, Unbleached
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Cold and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups Buttermilk, Cold
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Vanilla Ice Cream, Optional
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, toss together sliced peaches, nectarines, apricots, plums and cherries with sugar, cornstarch, bourbon, vanilla bean paste and salt.
Pour into a 9X9 square baking pan and bake for 10 minutes.
While the fruit is in the oven, in a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
Using your hands, add in the butter and combine it together so the flour looks like coarse meal.
In a small bowl whisk together the buttermilk, egg, bourbon and honey.
Pour the mix into the center of the dry ingredients and fold together until there are no dry patches. The mix will be like the texture of pancake batter.
Remove the fruit from the oven and pour the batter over the top and place bake in the oven to bake for another 20 minutes.
Remove and let cool for about 10 minutes before serving with scoops of vanilla ice cream on top.
- Store any leftover cobbler in the refrigerator covered for 2-3 days.