Ginger Dipping Sauce :
- 2/3 pound Raw Shrimp, Shelled, deveined and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Grated Fresh Ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch, Plus 2 teaspoons, divided
- 1 Serrano Pepper, Seeded and minced
- 1 Avocado, Peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup Cold Water
- 24-28 Wonton Wrappers
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 3 teaspoons Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 tbsp Chopped Scallions
In a medium bowl, stir together shrimp, salt, olive oil, ginger, sugar, rice wine vinegar, 2 teaspoon cornstarch and serrano pepper. Gently fold in chopped avocado.
In a small bowl, whisk together 1 Tablespoon cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water.
On a flat clean surface, assemble your wontons. Start with a wonton wrapper so it sits with one corner facing you (like a diamond).
Dip your fingertip into the cornstarch water and coat all four edges of the wonton wrapper.
Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon of the strip mixture in the center of the wrapper.
Fold the wrapper in half, away from you, to form a triangle. Press the edges firmly together.
Fold in the left corner over the center, then fold in the right corner on top. Seal with another brush of cornstarch water.
Repeat with remaining filling and wonton wrappers.
Steam the wontons for approximately 6 to 8 minutes.
While the wontons are steaming, stir together the ingredients for the dipping sauce.
Serve warm with dipping sauce.