For the Crumb Topping:
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 14 ounce package Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 jalapeños Jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 2 Scallions
- 2 Plum Tomatoes
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 4-5 Burrito-Sized Flour Tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese, or Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, paprika, cumin, cayenne oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Squeeze any excess water from the tofu by gently pressing over it with a paper towel. Cut the tofu into half inch cubes.
In a large bowl, gently toss the tofu cubes with the spice mixture. Add 1/2 the lime juice, mix and set aside the tofu.
Wash, trim and cut the scallions into thin slices.
Cut the tomatoes in half lengthwise, deseed and dice into small pieces.
In a 10-12 inch nonstick skillet, add 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
Add the tofu cubes to the pan and lower the heat to medium-low. Allow the cubes to cook for about ten minutes while occasionally turning over the cubes with a spatula so they do not stick.
On a large flour tortilla, place about 1/2 cup shredded cheese on one half along with 1/4 of the tofu cubes, 1/4 cup tomatoes, 1 Tablespoon scallions and 1 Tablespoon of jalapeno.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Fold the tortilla in half over the mixture and place it on the skillet.
Cook on each side until crispy and slightly brown.
- If you don’t have all the spices or just want to spend less time, you can also substitute the spices for 2 tablespoons of ready made taco spice.