- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 pound Chorizo Sausage, Sliced
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 stalks Celery, Diced
- 2 Carrots, Peeled and diced
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 jalapeños Jalapeño, Minced
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 14.5 ounce can Diced Fire-Roasted Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Parboiled Rice
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1 15 oz can Canned Black Beans, Drained
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
Heat the oil to a large stock pot over medium high heat. Add the chorizo and cook until browned, 3-5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the sausage to a plate.
Reduce heat to medium and whisk in the flour to form a paste. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture reduces and turns a deep caramel color, 15-20 minutes.
Add the celery, onion, carrot, pepper, and jalapeno; cook until beginning to soften, about 8 minutes.
Add the vegetable stock, tomatoes, rice, and Cajun seasoning. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
Stir in the beans and corn and simmer 5-10 minutes, or until heated through.