- 1/3 pound Ground Beef
- 1/3 pound Ground Pork
- 1/3 Yellow Onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeños Jalapeño, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 4 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/3 cup Corn Kernels
- 1/3 cup Cooked Black Beans
- 1/4 cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1 Roma Tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 Hamburger Buns, toasted
- Cotija Cheese, crumbled
In a medium bowl, mix together ground beef, ground pork, onion, jalapeño, chili powder and cayenne pepper.
Split the mixture in half and form two patties. Set aside.
Heat a cast iron skillet or grill to medium-high heat.
Cook patties to desired temperature, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium rare.
In the last minute of cooking, top each patty with two slices of pepper jack cheese.
Cover with a metal bowl or close grill lid to allow the cheese to melt.
Add cooked burgers to the bottom halves of the toasted buns.
Top with guacamole, corn kernels, black beans, tomato and cotija cheese.