- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1/4 cup Diced Onion
- 1/4 cup Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup Diced Poblano Peppers
- 1/2 cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 14 ounce package Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- pinch of Ground Cayenne Pepper, (optional)
Drain the tofu and squeeze out as much extra water as you can. Crumble it with your fingers into a bowl and set it aside.
Add the oil to a nonstick pan and place the pan over medium heat.
Add the onions, bell pepper and poblano pepper to the pan and let it cook for 1-2 minutes while stirring occasionally.
Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and mix well.
Add the crumbled tofu, taco seasoning and optional cayenne. Salt to taste.
Give the mixture a good stir and spread it out over the pan. Let the tofu cook for at least 10 minutes or at least until it starts to brown and stick a little. You may need to adjust the heat.
Once it gets a little brown, stir it again to flip the tofu crumbles around and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Some taco seasoning mixes come with salt. Take this into account when adding more salt. If your tofu is sticking too much, you may need to add a little more oil.