- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour, Plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter, Melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup Snickers Bites
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with foil, leaving about 1 inch of the foil extending over the edges of the pan. The extra foil will create handles that you can use to lift the Snickers Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from the pan. Set pan aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
In a large bowl, stir together the melted and cooled butter and sugars. Stir in the egg and egg yolk and vanilla. Fold in semisweet chocolate chips.
Turn cookie dough into prepared pan and use a spatula to spread the dough into an even layer. Evenly distribute the bite size Snickers and press them gently into the cookie dough.
Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Allow bars to cool before serving.
- I used Snickers Bites for this recipe. If you choose to use miniatures or fun size Snickers, you will need to chop them before placing them onto the batter.
- Leftover Snickers Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 2 months.
Snickers Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are slightly adapted from Cook’s Illustrated.