- 6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar, Plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon, Divided
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
Preheat oven to 400°F and line a muffin tin with papers (or grease with nonstick spray).
Cream together butter and 3/4 cup sugar, then mix in eggs and vanilla.
In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
Stir into the sugar mixture until just mixed.
Gently stir in the buttermilk – do not over mix the batter or the muffins will be tough.
Divide batter among 12 muffin cups.
Mix together remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over muffins.
Bake at 400°F for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 375°F and bake for 12-14 more minutes.